Japanese vehicles are popular across the world as they are reliable, safe, and high on quality. Auto auctions were formed in Japan to make the sale and purchase of used cars and other vehicles faster and easier. They are the most popular method of selling used vehicles in Japan. The availability of millions of vehicles on sale in authorized auction houses in Japan has made buying a vehicle a common thing. The presence of many auto auctions has made buying car a common thing. Buyers can access car details online and make a quick decision for purchase.
The Japanese Law allows only dealership holders or used car exporters to become members to auto auctions. People prefer to buy from auto auctions because of assured quality, details of genuine condition, step-by-step process, no experience required as your agent will guide you, proper payment and delivery terms, No fear of being cheated. Another important reason of purchasing from auto auctions is that one gets a great car at a bargain price. Japanese auto auctions offer vast breadth of options to customers to choose from. The vehicles offered have great depth of high quality.
There are many advantages associated with buying a used vehicle from Japan auto auction. Here are some of them-
- Low Price– In Japan the car prices in auto auctions are low because owning used cars is expensive in Japan. This causes used cars to be sold early and cheap because the longer one keeps a car in Japan, the more it will cost.
- Efficient Sales System- Reselling cars have become a well developed system in Japan.
- Safety- All those involved in used cars auction and export process are accountable and the market in Japan overall is trustworthy.
- High Supply- Around 150,000 cars are offered weekly for bidding.
- High Standards- Vehicles in Japan are maintained very well and used lightly and independent reviews of a car’s condition is a perquisite of selling it in auction.
- Excellent car condition- The Ministry of Transport in Japan constantly carries out a road-worthiness inspection called “Shaken” to check whether or not all vehicles on the road are properly maintained and safe to drive. The check is given on a new car after three years and successive check after every two years. Another reason that adds up to the good condition of vehicles in Japan is exceptionally smooth roads.
- More Equipment- Japanese vehicles contain what in most countries consider “extras”, for example, navigation systems and alloy wheels.
With the above advantages there are some drawbacks as well that are associated with auto auctions. Some of them are as follows:
- As the buyer does not get the chance to inspect the vehicle personally, one may not be completely sure regarding the vehicle’s condition. The vehicle bought from auctions could have unknown problems.
- There are no warranties on the vehicles bought from auctions. All vehicles i.e., cars, trucks, buses etc. are sold without any warranty.
- The buyer’s purchase fees (fees added to your bidding price) raise the purchase price. Customers do not pay these fees when buying from a private seller.
- Test drive is not available for the vehicles in the auctions. Customers may drive after they have made the purchase, prior to the purchase they have to just make an educated decision whether or not to buy a particular vehicle.
- The resale value of an auction history car is typically less than what you would pay for a private car.
Japan used cars auction is a method of selling used cars and other vehicles based on the auction bidding system. Japan has over 30 well known auto auction groups and over 200 auto auction locations. There are more than 50,000 cars lined up for the auction every day, and the auctions are held from Monday to Saturday in Japan. The Japan used cars auction system provides high quality Japanese used cars at affordable prices, as these avoid the additional costs added by car dealers.