Japan has always been an important source for the manufacturing of automobiles. Japanese automobile makers are known for understanding the taste of automobile enthusiasts. In the segment of Wagons and hatchbacks, Japanese makers too rule the road. Wagons and Hatchbacks are known for offering outstanding fuel efficiency. One can go for either a practical car or an excellent fun to drive vehicle. The reason for the popularity of Japanese cars is their pricing, comfort, mileage.
With this article we bring upon the list of top 10 most fuel-efficient Japan manufactured Wagons and Hatchbacks with their basic details. Classification is done on the basis of EPA’s combined fuel. Honda Insight topped the chart of being the most fuel efficient car. However, cars from Mazda, Toyota, and Nissan have also bagged some spot in the list of top 10 most fuel-efficient Wagons and Hatchbacks.
- Honda Insight Hatchback- The Honda Insight is one of the best-handling small hybrids. The engine is a 1.3-liter four-cylinder unit, with a 10-kilowatt (14-horsepower) motor sandwiched between the engine and a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). Honda Insight gives 41MPG in the city and 43MPG on the highway, making this highest-mileage gasoline car in the market with 42MPG combined rating. This Five seat passenger car comes with an incredible amount of cargo space and is a complete driver’s car.
- Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback- The Mitsubishi Mirage five-door hatchback offers practical transport at a low price. It’s the most fuel efficient non-hybrid car in the Mitsubishi family giving 37MPG in the city and 44MPG on the highway with a combined EPA rating of 40MPG. Mitsubishi Mirage comes with tiny 1.2-liter three-cylinder-engine, paired with new Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). Mirage comes standard with full-length side curtain airbags and automatic climate control.
- Honda CR-Z Hatchback- Honda CR-Z is a two-seat hybrid Hatchback with smart styling. The ‘Boost’ mode, adds power jolt to the car. It’s a street reliable car with 1.5-liter four-cylinder-engine unit that’s paired with a 15-kilowatt electric motor between the engine and transmission. It is a Front Wheel Drive car that gives 36MPG in the city and 39MPG on highway, with 37MPG combined. It comes with enough cargo space and numerous interior compartments to hold various small items.
- Mazda Mazda 2- The Mazda 2 is a simple, 4-door hatchback powered with four-cylinder-engine. This hatchback has good-fuel efficiency with 29MPG in the city and 35MPG on the highway, thus providing 32MPG combined. The Front-Wheel-Drive comes with 1.5-liter four-cylinder-engine and a standard five-speed manual transmission, while a four-speed automatic is an option. The little Mazda 2 is a basic car that is fun to drive.
- Toyota Yaris- The Toyota Yaris is a sub-compact hatchback car and is one of the most selling ultra-fuel efficient cars. Toyota hatchbacks are known for providing comfortable and reliable transportation with good mileage. The Yaris provides 30MPG in the city and 37MPG on the highway, with 32MPG combined. This hatchback comes with 1.5 Liter four-cylinder-engine and coupled to either a five-speed manual transmission, or a four-speed automatic. This is surely a car for those looking for practical and economical transportation.
- Subaru Impreza- Subaru Impreza comes with 2.0-liter four-cylinder-engine paired with Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). Impreza provides 26MPG in the city and 36MPG on the highway, with 32MPG combined. This is the only car with all-wheel drive as standard and has a handy-sized cargo area. This hatchback comes standard with dual front, front side and full-length side curtain airbags in addition to a driver’s side knee airbags. Impreza comes with roomy cabin and is famous for its reliability.
- Nissan Versa Note- This 5-door hatchback comes with surprising space and is best in the class in terms of interior measurements. Nissan Versa Note is built on Nissan’s V platform. The Front-Wheel-Drive comes with 1.6-liter four-cylinder-engine and 4-speed Automatic. Note provides 27MPG in the city and 36MPG on the highway, with 31MPG combined. The car comes with superb styling and unique technology in sub-compact series.
- Honda Fit- Honda Fit, four-door hatchbacks have versatility and creative interior packaging. It comes with 1.5-liter four-cylinder smooth and powerful engine, 117 horsepower at a high-revving 6600 rpm. The Honda Fit gives 27MPG in the city and 33MPG on the highway, thus providing combined 30MPG. This hatchback comes with a compact rear suspension design and with a tall roof and low floor that makes entering and exit easy. The car gives good mileage in both the automatic and manual models.
- Nissan Cube- The Nissan Cube comes is stylish hatchback and is good for smooth and quick ride. The car gives 27MPG in the city and 31MPG on the highway, thus providing combined 29MPG. Cube comes at reasonable rates and possesses distinctive interior designs. Featured with front Wheel-Drive, this car comes with 1.8-liter four-cylinder paired to either a good six-speed manual gearbox or Nissan’s CVT. Nissan Cube offers comfortable seating and has abundance of backseat space.
- Subaru Outback- Subaru Outback is a capable vehicle with generous interior space. This hatchback gives 20MPG in the city and 25MPG on the highway, with 24MPG combined rating. The Outback comes with 2.5-liter flat-four engine that returns higher gas-mileage ratings, especially when paired with the CVT. The car offers comfortable seating and stylish functionality. For safety, there are six airbags and a stereo camera system called Eyesight, to detect any obstacle on the road.
The competition to bring the best Hatchback and Wagon in the market is increasing swiftly. Every car maker is launching new models with advance technologies to offer best to customers. Japan is known as a major producer of cars. Every year large number of cars are produced and exported from Japan. Japan manufactured vehicles offer a safe and comfortable ride, plus they are fun to drive.
If you are looking for the used Hatchbacks and Wagons, then do visit JapaneseCarTrade.com. We have a large stock of above listed used Hatchbacks and Wagons.